- 1 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Riced Cauliflower or Zucchini (Diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Diced) or Salsa
- 1/2 Ground Monster Slim Jim
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (Diced)
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 2 TSP Onion Powder
- 1 TSP Cumin
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1 TSP Dried Oregano
- 1/2 TSP Pink Himalayan Salt
Optional for Garnish/Toppings:
- Iceberg Lettuce (Shredded)
- Sour Cream
- Prep the Vegetables by Dicing them all into bite-size pieces or smaller.
- In a Large Skillet over Medium-High Heat brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef or ground turkey. Add in ground Slim Jim to taste
- When the meat is browned add in the Yellow Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, and Zucchini then stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Next add in the Cherry Tomatoes and Jalapeno Pepper then stir and cook for a couple minutes before adding in the seasoning.
- For the seasoning you could use Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Dried Oregano, and a little bit of Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Stir in the seasoning, and cook for about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Shred the Cheddar Cheese and sprinkle on top of the skillet mixture and allow to melt while the food is still very hot.
- Optionally you can garnish the dish with a topping of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Green Onions or even add things like Sour Cream on top to kick up the flavor to your liking.
This recipe is a success! The cheese, Slim Jim and riced cauliflower gives the dish so much flavor and texture. The twist is to use Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower and a Monster Slim Jim in a dish! I decided to test a Keto dish. I chose “Keto Cheesy Mexican Taco Skillet.” Its very simple and quick! Annd it tastes good too.
The cauliflower’s gave the dish a smooth and flaky texture, lite. It wasn’t too chunky, it was perfect! I added Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower to balance out the cheese and to give the dish a healthy balance. The second twist, involved a what’s in your pantry challenge? I had a Monster Slim Jim in my pantry and so my mission was to create a dish that would compliment the Slim Jim.
I pulsed 1/2 of a Monster Slim Jim and added to the ground turkey as it browned. I didn’t think it would be tasty, but it was very good. This challenge was all about using your creativity! To think outside that box! The recipe turned out well because all of the ingredients complimented one another.