- 12 (11/4 pounds) chicken drumettes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 table spoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Cilantro
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kosher Salt for seasoning
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste, and put in a 1-gallon size resealable plastic bag or clear white bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, curry powder and cayenne pepper until smooth. Pour the buttermilk mixture over the chicken and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 3 hours or cook immediately.
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour in enough oil to fill the pan about 1/3 of the way in a heavy bottom saucepan. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 325 degrees F.
- Dredge drumettes in the flour and put one piece of chicken in hot oil one at a time. Pan should have about three pieces as a time.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter and serve.