Asparagus Red Cabbage & Mushroom Pizza
Bacon, parmesan cheese, mushroom, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Pizza dough: 2 1/2 cup flour, 1 Pkg yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, olive oil, and 1 cup of warm water.
- Combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water; stir gently to dissolve. Let the mixture stand until the yeast comes alive and starts to foam, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a bowl. Add the flour, a little at a time, mixing until all the flour has been incorporated. Knead the dough until it starts to come together. Get a feel for the dough by squeezing a small amount together: if it’s crumbly, add more water; if it’s sticky, add more flour – 1 tablespoon at a time. Gather the dough into a ball, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and fold it over itself a few times; kneading until it’s smooth and elastic. Form the dough into a round and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turn it over to coat. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let it rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Preheat them to 500 degrees F.
- Once the dough is domed and spongy, turn it out onto a lightly floured counter. Roll and stretch the dough into a cylinder and divide into 3 equal pieces. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes so it will be easier to roll out.
- Roll or pat out a piece of dough into a 12 inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Dust a pizza paddle with flour and slide it under the pizza dough. Brush the crust with a thin layer of olive oil, and top with ingredients.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden and crisp.