1 teaspoon sea salt, 2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1 tablespoon cold-pressed avocado oil, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger, 1/2 cup water, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, and riced cauliflower.
- Stir together wet and dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in the chicken thighs and marinated in the refrigerator for an hour or up to 24 hours.
- In the instant pot, sautee the garlic, oil and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken thighs and marinade. Form a single layer of chicken thighs in the instant pot.
- Select pressure cook for approximating 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the chicken is cooked, then place them into a serving dish and garnish with your favorite herbs or spices.
Today, I tested Tandoori chicken. The chicken was very savory, and spicy! It’s aromatic scent was heavenly divine! It was the cinnamon and the nutmeg that gave it a very tasty flavor.
I didn’t garnish with cilantro as the recipe suggested. Instead, I decorated it with my favorite go-to, scallions. I did add more cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric. I also added red pepper flakes because I wanted extra pop!