ASK SHEILA + HEALTH + NUTRITION + LIFESTYLES +ADVICES
Nutty Spicy Peppermint Bark
June 27, 2021
Hi Angels Working On Earth Family!
Do you like chocolate? Today was thinking about my favorite chocolate and peppermint candy. I love peppermint bark! Matha Stewart introduced a Chilli and chocolate cookie in her book ” Cookie Perfection.” I’m curious about this combination in chocolate candy? How about cacao, and creamy nut butter. This is a perfect touch of spice from the chili flakes, a touch of nuttiness, a dribble of sweetness from the maple syrup, and a touch of saltiness from sea salt. I call this a love yourself treat just for you! Share it with someone you love. It’s delightful.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp of nut butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes or 2 if you like it spicy!
- Peppermint to taste
- Combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, nut butter, and maple syrup in a small saucepan and whisk over a low heat until smooth. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper; make sure the tray will fit into your freezer. Spread the raw chocolate mix across the base of the lined baking tray. Sprinkle the chilli flakes over the top.
- Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and break or cut into small pieces.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.