Red Pepper Hummus
Hello Angels Working On Earth Family!
Here are healthy ideas that might inspire you! Garnish this dish with lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, sliced or pickled jalapeño, chopped green onion, and chopped chives. Icelandic-style or Greek-style plain unsweetened yogurt can be used as a sour cream substitute.
- 1 ½ cups of chickpeas, ½ roasted red pepper. ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Cut the peppers into halves, removing the stem, membrane, and seeds. Lay them cut-sides down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast the peppers at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Place the roasted peppers in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the peppers cool completely. Remove the skins. They will slip right off. Cut the peppers into strips.
- Puree red peppers, olive oil, and spices in a food
- processor or blender until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas into a strainer. Combine
- the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt,
- and pepper in the bowl of the food processor. Process
- the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Combine roasted red peppers and hummus in a bowl and blend until well combined.
- Garnish with olive oil and feta cheese.