Green Pea Hummus
Hello Angels Working On Earth Family!
HUMMUS is a dish that you can make look fancy and is super easy to make! Grab your favorite tortillas, pita bread, and your family’s favorite toppings. We love shredded cheese (I grate organic feta but use what works for you). I thrive on fresh market salsa, limes, avocado slices, and romaine that I can shred by hand.
You can eat hummus in so many ways. Garnish it with plain unsweetened Greek yogurt. Yogurt makes a great healthier alternative to sour cream, too. Use chopped romaine lettuce if you want to turn hummus into a delicious salad.
At first, I was not a fan of hummus, but I learned that hummus can be served in a variety of different ways. Now, I love it. You can go from zero love of hummus to being in love with hummus in about 30 minutes with an open mind. If you do not have one, an open mind, haha; then, you will simply need to start trying something new.
- Use your favorite brand of hummus (15 oz can) in the supermarket. I recommend MOM’s or Thrive Market for grocery shopping.
- 1/4 cup of peas (fresh peas). I suggest fresh peas
- if you can find them. Or you can use frozen peas that do not contain preservatives or seasonings.
- Tips! Basic seasonings: make your own seasoning using 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and pepper.
- Recipe Ingredients, 1 large lemon, 1 garlic clove, ½ cup tahini well mixed, ¾ tsp or more kosher salt, granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling.
- Puree peas, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small food processor or blender until smooth. Add chickpeas and blend until well combined. Add water if overly thick. Water adds creaminess. Garnish with sesame seeds or your favorite spices, meat, or veggie. Cook with love!