Black Bean Hummus
Hello Angels Working On Earth Family!
Here are more healthy alternatives to add flavor to this dish! Water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and edamame. Yum! You can add just about any other veggie you like, or plain shredded chicken would also be a delicious addition to this dish.
- 3 garlic cloves,
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 ½ tsp of lemon juice Kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne Pepper Tablespoon of chives Tablespoon of flat-leaf parsley
- Roast garlic in a 425-degree oven. Place garlic on aluminum foil, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25 – 30 minutes and let cool.
- Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas into a strainer. Combine the black-eyed peas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and roasted garlic in the bowl of the food processor. Process the hummus until it becomes exceptionally smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If the hummus is thicker than you like, blend in more chickpea liquid to make it creamier.
- Garnish with olive oil, black beans, chopped parsley, and minces carrots.